If the key fob battery dies on a push button start 2017 Ford Fusion, there's an alternative way to open, and start, your vehicle.
- Look for the rectangular button at the bottom of the key fob. Press the button and pull the key out.
- Find the small slot on the underside of your vehicle's door handle. Insert the key and press upward. Then remove the plastic cover by sliding it to the right, and outward, with your other hand.
- Unlock the door by inserting the key and turning to the right.
- Once you're inside, remove the rubber covering from the bottom of the cup holders by pulling up on the tab.
- Place the key fob, with the buttons facing up and the unlock button facing the front of the vehicle, over the indent in the rear cupholder.
- Press the brake pedal, and start your vehicle.