When it's time to get new tires on your vehicles, and you want to do something creative, minion tires are a fun way to make the most out of your old tires!
You will need:
- Three tires
- Yellow spray paint
- Blue spray paint
- Black spray paint
We painted the front side of three minions, which was nine tires total, and we we only needed one can of each color. If you decide to paint the entire tire, or use more than three tires, you may need multiple cans of paint.
Once you have your materials, it's time to get started.
- To begin, we recommend degreasing the tires. Old tires are dirty, so thoroughly cleaning the surface will help the paint stick.
- Once the tires are clean and dry, it's time to paint. Make sure you are in a space that is well-ventilated, and is okay to get dirty. First, paint one tire blue. For the best results, follow the instructions on the can of spray paint.
- Next, paint the two remaining tires yellow.
- After waiting a few minutes, use the blue spray paint to paint the overalls on the second tire. Follow the images to see the shape we used.
- Next, use white paint to paint a circle on the third tire. Again, refer to the image for a example for sizing.
- Finally, use black paint to outline the white circle, paint the goggle straps, and paint a dot for the eye.
- Once dry, stack the tires and admire your work!
To see these minions up close, come to the 11th Annual Trunk N' Treat hosted by Eau Claire Ford Lincoln Quick Lane!