If you haven't already, it is now acceptable to put away your snow shovels. The 4th of July has once again snuck up on us. If you'll be in the Chippewa Valley for the holiday weekend, there's plenty to do.
Eau Claire Fourth of July Celebration- If you're in Eau Claire, you won't be bored this Independence day. With all these fun activities, this 4th of July will be the highlight of your summer!
- Paul Bunyan Camp - Open 10AM to 4:30 PM
- An Old-Fashioned Family fourth of July at the Chippewa Valley Museum - 11AM to 4PM
- Fairfax Pool public swim - 11:30AM to 7PM
- Carson Park Train Rides - Noon to 5PM
- Live music
- Food vendors
- Predators Game vs Menomonie Thunderhawks football game - 6PM
- Eau Claire Express vs Willmar Stingers baseball game - 6:05PM
- Festival Foods "Fireworks Extravaganza" - 10PM
Carson Park Train Ride- The Carson Park Train Ride is an Independence day staple for families around the Eau Claire area! Get in on the action at Carson Park where you can go on the one-half mile ride on the one-quarter sized steam train!
- Location: Carson Park, Carson Park Dr., Eau Claire
- Cost: $3 Adults, $2 Children
- Time: Noon to 5PM
2015 Chippewa Valley Air Show- The U.S. Navy Blue Angels are back for the 2015 Chippewa Valley Air Show hosted by the Boys Scouts of America Chippewa Valley Council!
- Location: Chippewa Valley Regional Airport - 3800 Starr Ave., Eau Claire
- Tickets: $20/Advance, $30/Gate, $10Parking, FREE/Kids 12 and Under, Extra $20 for Premium Box Seat Upgrade for Saturday OR Sunday
- Time: 8:30AM to 4:30PM
City of Altoona 4th of July Celebration- Altoona will be hosting a fun-filled 4th of July at this event for all ages. With food, fun, and fireworks, it's sure to be a great time for the whole family!
- Location: Cinder City Park, Spooner Ave., Altoona
- Admission and Parking: FREE
- Live music by Big Deeks
- Local Food Vendors
- Car Show
- Helicopter Rides
- Cribbage Tournament
- Hot dog eating contest
- Kids zone inflatable park
- Fireworks display
FreedomFest 2015- Anyone in Menomonie can enjoy the 4th at Wakanda Park for FreedomFest 2015! With food, fireworks, and all kinds of kids activities, this Independence day is going to be a blast!
- Location: Wakanda Park, Pine Ave. E on Lake Menomin, Menomonie
- Cost: $3, ages up to three get in FREE
- Time: Noon to 11PM
- Beer Garden
- Kids inflatable climbing wall, giant slides, obstacle course, rocket bouncer
- Live music
- Bear Creek Band - 7:30 to 11PM
- Eating contests for kids
- Game show
- Fireworks at dusk
Firecracker 5K/1-Mile Run/Walk- Get moving this Independence day at the Firecracker 5K/1-Mile Run/Walk! This run/walk is part of Menomonie's Freedom Fest event.
- Location: Wakanda Park, 909 Pine Ave. E., Menomonie
- Cost: Preregistration is $20 and is required to guarantee a race shirt, Race day registration is $30, family rates available
- Time: Registration begins at 7:30AM, 5K begins at 8:30AM, 1-mile begins at 9:45AM
- A free Kids Fun Run, for kids 10 and younger, will be held after both races.
Chetek Liberty Festival- If you're in Chetek, you'll have plenty to do this weekend! With live bands, waterski shows, and, of course, Fireworks, you're sure to have a great weekend!
- Location: City of Chetek
- Softball tournament
- Horseshoe pitching contest
- Street dances
- Live bands
- Beach party
- Waterski Shows
- Art and craft fair
Augusta Bean and Bacon Days- Augusta Bean and Bacon Days is the pride and joy of Augusta Wisconsin! With a parade, car show, and fireworks display, Augusta is the place to be during this multi-day event from Thursday, July 2nd through Sunday, July 5!
Whatever you're doing, we hope you have a great 4th of July! We will be closed July 4th so our employees can enjoy the day with their families. If you're looking for a new car to drive before the 4th, you can receive a $500 gift card with every trade-in on any vehicle purchase. To see one of our many great vehicles, or for more information, visit Eau Claire Ford Lincoln Quick Lane.